Re: ENOBUFS when setting SO_SNDBUF

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 07:31:59AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a program that fails with ENOBUFS on setsockopt
> SO_SNDBUF/SO_RCVBUF

To be correct, such a program must be able to deal with this failure
and fall back to a smaller socket buffer size.  There is no portable
way to distinguish hitting the relevant limit in this case from a system
which really is out of network buffer space.

Also, setting this limit by hand disables automatic socket buffer sizing
for TCP sockets, which is a thing worth keeping in mind.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost