Re: power on/off on usb port

On Sep 13, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Matthias Drochner wrote:
>> Is there an ioctl() on uhub or *hci who can activate and deactivate power on
>> usb ports ?
>
> There is none afaik, and I think it can't work in general because the hardware
> doesn't implement power switches for individual ports necessarily.

That was pretty much my thought-- although it might be worth trying to disable
the USB port in the BIOS and see whether that also kills the power.  I doubt
anything less would work, as the USB spec requires a port to provide at least
100mA (and goes up to anywhere from 500mA to 1.5amp or even 1.8 amp for the
"Battery Charging Spec").

Regards,
--
-Chuck