Re: How does NetBSD deal with name conflicts in user program and shared library

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 04:39:06PM +0800, Xin Wang wrote:
> Recently I encountered a strange behavior when there are name
> conflicts in user program and shared libraries.

The general rules are pretty complex; in general shared libraries use
their internal name for exported symbols (you will notice lots of __weak_alias
augmentation in the libc sources).

Now write is a system call and I'm actually not sure the rename rules apply
there as well.

Your demo in the end calls __swrite() in lib/libc/stdio/stdio.c which uses
the write() syscall w/o namespace protection.

Probably best to bring this up on tech-toolchain.

Martin