Re: Transfer .iso to USB flash

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 22:34:33 -0700 Matt Thomas
<matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:
> ISO is just another file system.  Many will boot an ISO off a hard
> drive or USB stick.
>
> dd if=cdromi.iso of=/dev/rsd0d (or rsd0c)

I've never gotten that to work, either by dd'ing to the raw device or
to a bootable MBR partition. I'm not sure why it doesn't work, but it
doesn't, at least on the machines where I've tried it. OTOH, I've
consistently gotten things to work by copying the contents of the ISO
onto a different file system on a bootable MBR partition on the USB
stick.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost