Re: Installing NetBSD on Virtual Box

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> What is the exact host CPU, and does it support VT-x/AMD-V?

Intel Dual-Core Pentium something. I don't know exactly. Looking at
the output of /etc/proc/cpuinfo on Linux I see the following:

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4200  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 10
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2
ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm xsave lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3990.12
clflush size    : 64

> VirtualBox 3.2.g works great for me with NetBSD-5 on an Intel Core 2 Duo
> system with OS/X host OS and the NetBSD VM configured like this:
>
> Â Â Â ÂOperating System: Â Â Â BSD
> Â Â Â ÂVersion: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂNetBSD
> Â Â Â ÂProcessors: Â Â Â Â Â Â 2
> Â Â Â ÂVT-X/AMD-V: Â Â Â Â Â Â Enabled
> Â Â Â ÂNested Paging: Â Â Â Â ÂDisabled
> Â Â Â ÂEnable I/O APIC: Â Â Â Âyes
> Â Â Â ÂEnable PAE/NX: Â Â Â Â Âyes

Enabling PAE/NX and I/O APIC didn't help. I can't find settings for
VT-X/AMD-V or Nested Paging.

I don't think we need to spend more time on this. I got QEMU working,
so let's see if I can manage with that. Thank you for your help.

Daniel.
--
Intolerant people should be shot.