Re: wedges and raidframe recovery

On 14 June 2010 23:34, Steven Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
> I'm setting up three 2TB disks in a RAID-5 array, on amd64/5.1_rc2.  During
> testing, I ran into what I suspect is a serious problem.

[snip]

I dunno if it's any help, but I've set up a similar RAID5 system
recently with 3x2TB hitachi disks on NetBSD/amd64, my issues and setup
can be found here:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2010/04/09/msg006043.html

Once i got it all working I've had no issues with it and it's worked
well. The initial populate was done in degraded mode too (I ran out of
SATA connectors in the box!) and then parity restored, again without
issue.

I've also been through at least one full parity rebuild since then.

Cheers,

Ian