building correct Kernel

Hello
try to build a new Kernel for my Sparc64 machine,
after reading the Howto "building Kernel" netbsd,
now it's generating me a 32Bit version of Kernel.

Please what i need read? or change? for resulting here
a 64Bit version of Kernel?.

>file /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC_32/netbsd
>ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC32PLUS, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked,
>for NetBSD 5.0, not stripped

if try to boot this version of Kernel the machine indendificate cd0 and wd0 but
after this hangs with the Error: "Exec /sbin/init: Error 8"

it's this error causing of a wrong "Switch" adjustment of Generic?

it would be great, to get any informations or help from you.
regards
MC