hpn-ssh: buffer_append_space errors

http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/:

``Recent problems with buffer_append_space in HPN-SSH.  If you are
  experiencing disconnects due to a failure in buffer_append_space
  please let us know. We're currently tracking some problems with this
  and we're trying to gather more information to help resolve it.''

Hi,

a recent update from netbsd-4 to netbsd-5 revealed some problems with
the hpn-ssh patch NetBSD uses in its stock OpenSSH client.

When tunneling 3 TCP ports (-24fNn -L<1> -R<2> -R<3>) to a Linux machine
with an OpenSSH 5.3p1 server, I get:

   sshd[12660]: fatal: buffer_append_space: len 1161551 not supported

NetBSD adapted your patch nearly two years ago.  Do you maybe know if
workarounds are available in the meantime?

Thanks,

                Petar Bogdanovic