TeX for Unices, Plan9...: kerTeX

FYI, being insatisfied with the ever increasing pain of installing
TeX/METAFONT etc., I have redone the work starting from the last public
domain version of Web2C (mainly due to Tomas Rockicki and Tim Morgan).

The result is kerTeX:

        1) All Donald E. Knuth software.
        2) Pure C89.
        3) Cross-compilation.
        4) Less than 6Mb of sources to download; less than 34Mb space needed
                to compile (even less than 16Mb with an option of the framework
                I have not advertised); less than 10Mb to install.
        5) The right to call it mf(1) since TRAP test passed.
        6) The right to call it tex(1) since TRIP test passed.
        7) Since this can do cross-compilation, dumping the base and format
                is done at installation time, with generation of D.E. Knuth's CM
                fontes (gf and tfm).

``Dumping'' other packages of macros (say LaTeX) is evidently possible
since all depends on the core/the kernel: TeX and METAFONT.

Read the README (or LISEZ.MOI): the programs and data (except the man
pages for the program that install in the usual directory; but since the
main documentation of web2c based is texinfo, it is a gain...) install
in dedicated sub-directories so not to step on other installation
packages. It is considered a (good) alpha.

Successfully tested on Unix like NetBSD/i386, and Plan9/i386.

This is here (BSD like licence) [english version of the page]:

http://www.kergis.com/en/kertex.html

or authoritative ;) french version of the page:

http://www.kergis.com/kertex.html

I run both NetBSD and Plan9, so it has been tested on ``your''
platform. (Should be able to compile under every POSIX compliant
environment.)
                      http://www.kergis.com/