Re: No way to change audio volume with azalia(4)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Dennis den Brok wrote:
Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> schrieb:
I don't see why not. hdaudio tries to give you OSS audio compatible mixer
names.

I acknowledge it does its best, but I wouldn't call two volume
controls, one for master, one for input, whatever that happens to
be, and without the possibility to mute, as it appears in any pkgsrc
mixer for me, "working very well".

But that's the way it is on all OSes AFAICS. inputs.dac is the computer audio into the mixing system (input gain if you will). Similarly for CD and line in. outputs.master is the actual output volume control. hdaudio will try to spoof up a link between inputs.dac and outputs.master is one does not exist (actually only one way round in the current version).

--
Stephen