Re: patching for 2010-002: I feel like an idiot, but this isn't working

Andy Ruhl suggested:

I can't seem to get the updates to openssl for advisory 2010-002.
[...]
Here's what happened:
 # cd /usr/src
 # cvs update -r netbsd-5-0-1-RELEASE -d -P crypto/dist/openssl/ssl
 cvs update: Updating crypto/dist/openssl/ssl

... and no files were updated.

Did you check against release-5 by chance?

No, I had not; I don't really follow the difference between
all these branch numebrs (sorry to be lazy; I'm not a regular
user of CVS), so I just stick to my known branch (per CVS/Tags)
unless otherwise instructed in the advisory.

Thanks for your suggestion; I looked at various branches
on cvsweb (netbsd-5-0-RELEASE, netbsd-5-0, netbsd-5-base),
and finally found recently modified files in "netbsd-5",
so I used that one:

# cvs update -r netbsd-5 -d -P crypto/dist/openssl/ssl
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/d1_both.c
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/d1_pkt.c
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/s3_lib.c
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/s3_pkt.c
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/s3_srvr.c
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/ssl.h
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/ssl_err.c
U crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/ssl_locl.h

Maybe it's a pullup problem or something.

Presumably so (whatever that is!).  ;-)

Anyway, I trust that if possible this will be fixed by someone
who sees this message, or the advisory will be updated to show
more detailed instructions if that's more appropriate.

With luck the compilation part will be trivial!  (Going well so far.)

Thanks very much,

Anne.