Re: tor-0.2.1.22 renegotiating problem

(cc to pkgsrc-users in case anyone there should know)

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Victor Dorneanu wrote:

I hope you remebember the renegotiating problem (http://bit.ly/cMbQR8).

Here's the solution:

You'll just have to add "--with-openssl-dir=/usr/pkg" to the CONFIGURE_ARGS.
[... or compile/install "manually" ...]

Just for the record; that did not work for me. Tor still goes to /usr/lib for its SSL needs, and I get the same "unexpected close" messages as you did with .22.

On a hunch, I tried mucking about with SSLBASE, setting it to /usr/pkg instead of /usr, but that also didn't have any effect.

I guess I'd have to figure out a way to reorder the paths given in the linking stage? (-R/usr/lib comes first right now)

Building in a pkg_comp chroot, tor is version 0.2.1.24, rest of system is 5.0_STABLE, a couple of weeks old.

MAgnus