SUpported USB-to-Ethernet Adapters?

Hello NetBSD Users,
I've got an old Compaq IA-1 (internet appliance)[1] that I'm interested in
turning into a small server.  There isn't an on-board Ethernet NIC nor
an expansion slot so I'd need to use a USB-to-Ethernet adapter.  Somewhere
I aquired an SMC adapter but it wouldn't even work with Linux...  Can
anyone suggest something that is currently available, either new or used
on ebay/craigslist/??  I know I could use a wifi adapter but for a server
I don't think that's a good option.

Regards,
Jeff W.

[1] http://realprogrammers.com/hack/IA-1/