Re: Link aggregation

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:49:39 -0500
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> You'll find performance in this case appalling.  You're also unlikely
> to find an affordable switch which will let you aggregate more than 8
> links, or any switch at all which will let you aggregate 32 links.

OK thanks. All these points pretty much rule it out for any serious
link aggregation. I'm going to look into application level link
aggregation, i.e. creating a network socket for each network interface,
sending data across multiple sockets and then reassembling it in the
correct order at the other end.