Re: Console blanks and leaves me in the dark

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Adam Hoka wrote:

I see now that it's mentioned in the man page that it might cause the
system to hang.  (A comment mentioning that in the GENERIC config would
help, I think.)

There *was* a warning message in the config. Where did it go?

I don't see that there ever was, except in the man page.

But looking through the history, I see that vesafb has been pulled from the i386 GENERIC config anyway in favor of genfb, so it's perhaps not so important now.

For what it's worth, I read about genfb as well before settling on vesafb, but couldn't even make sense of exactly what it was or who it was for, so I left it out...

MAgnus