Re: Compiling x11-links from pkgsrc

Matthias Scheler schrieb:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 03:03:36PM +0100, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
Hmmm ... does "/usr/X11R7/lib/libX11.so" exist on your system?
I am afraid not. There is other libs there, but not libX11.so.

That is your problem. Your X11 installation is incomplete and "pkgsrc"
therefore doesn't detect the the location of the bundled X11 correctly.

Which X11 sets did you install? You need at least "xbase" and "xcomp",
eventually also "xfont".

Well, I had, but I have stumbled into something different: I had expected the -P flag to tar to extract the files into their destination directories, but instead it extracted into the current directory.

Now that is working so far. Thanks a lot for your help!

There is another problem I am now facing, but I will open a new thread for that.

Dirk