Error building "pkg_install"

I'm using NetBSD 5.0.1.  I did a cvs update on pkgsrc.  After running
"pkg_rolling-replace" it appeared that there is a newer version of
"pkg_install", but the build crashes.  The error says that in file
parse-config.c, in function "pkg_install_config" there is an undefined
reference to "fetchConnectionCacheInit."  This looks like a code error.  Any
suggestions other than me hacking the code?