Re: FastCGI

OK, well I think I'm beginning to understand the relationship between a web
server and fastCGI application. What's a bit annoying is the lack of clear and
concise documentation. After reading fastCGI specification time and time
again, I think I finally understand how it's supposed to work and can start
implementing it in C.

What I'm still confused about are the following:

FastCGI defines various "roles" for applications - Responder, Authoriser and
Filter. I think most fastCGI applications run as Responders. Is there any
value in Authoriser and Filter? Are these roles supported by PHP, Perl,
Python, or any other scripting languages?

FastCGI has support for multiplexing multiple requests over a single TCP
connections. Is this supported by any web applications?