Re: Netgear FA411

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:01:43 +0100
Helge Muehlmeier <H_Muehlmeier%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 02:10:38PM -0800, Tim Howe wrote:
> > I have a Netgear FA411 pcmcia ethernet card.
>
> It would be nice to know what chipset is in that card...

        It is apparently the Asix Ax88790 chipset.

        I tried forcing the driver to detect the card as NE2000_TYPE_AX88790
(by editing dev/ic/ne2000.c), but that isn't enough or isn't the right thing to
do.

        It will give errors after I try to give it an address lie "remote
transmit DMA failed to complete".  OpenBSD detects the card as ne3, which I
think says something about IRQs(??)

        It also detects the MAC address wrong if I do this; it thinks it is
0a:00:0a:00:0a:00

--TimH