Re: sshd UsePAM, PR bin/32313

campbell%mumble.net@localhost (Taylor R Campbell) writes:

>I suggested that NetBSD's default sshd_config omit `UsePAM yes'.  This
>is a one-character change to the file (a comment character).  All of
>the replies -- well, all two of them -- supported this change, but
>nothing happened.  Could someone either object or make the change?

Since NetBSD's standard method for user authentication is PAM I don't
see a reason why sshd should be different.

If anything this should be clearly documented, also how to configure
sshd to use its own authentication methods and how to disable PAM for
the rest of the system.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost