iscsi targets configuration for partitions

Hi,

I was playing with the iscsi functionality in NetBSD 5.0.1
on a i386 platform.

There was a lot of trouble when I am using /dev/wd1d in the
/etc/iscsi/targets file. All seems to works fine but:

- the transfer speed was only up to 5.6 MB/s (100MBit network)
- after stopping and starting the iscsi-target the windows fs
  was allways corrupt.

The solution was to use /dev/rwd1d (raw device). Now I have

- a transfer speed up to 9.8 MB/s (100MBit network)
- no filesystem corruption at all on the windows site

I would like to ask if I am using iscsi targets now in
the right way for partitions? Should I better use normal files
like /iscsi/target0 and so on?

BTW: iscsi works now more than fine. I will switch to Gigabit-
Ethernet
now and move all my storage to a NetBSD maschine.

Thanks,
Ricky