Re: D-Link DWl-AG50/660

Sverre Froyen wrote:
> I made a similar observation comparing a mini PCI Intel card and a USB
> adaptor.  The PCI card shows many more access points.  I thought it might be
> because the PCI card uses an external antenna.  I also notice that wiconfig
> shows a higher signal strength for the PCI card.
>
> Regards,
> Sverre

Meanwhile I found out which chipset the card is using:

---
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5413
802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
------

I have absolutely no problems with WEP/WPA/WPA2 authentication. "hostap"
modus is also fine.
I made some screenshot: http://i35.tinypic.com/2mmwzev.jpg.

--
Victor Dorneanu