Re: piixide: lost interrupts (Intel Atom Mini-ITX)

Matthias Scheler wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 04:00:05PM +0300, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
piixide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2: Intel 82801GB/GR Serial ATA/Raid Controller (ICH7) (rev. 0x01)
piixide0: bus-master DMA support present
piixide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
piixide0: primary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 14

even when I have configured "native" mode in the BIOS?

And, where are the SATA 150/300 speeds? Not that I need those but anyway,
there's nothing that looks like SATA here:

Well, the hostadapter is not running in full SATA mode. It is running in
IDE compatibility mode. Here is what SATA (AHCI) mode looks like:

ahcisata0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2: Intel 82801GB/GR AHCI SATA Controller
ahcisata0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19
ahcisata0: AHCI revision 1.1, 4 ports, 32 command slots, features 0xc720e000
atabus2 at ahcisata0 channel 0
atabus3 at ahcisata0 channel 1
atabus4 at ahcisata0 channel 2
atabus5 at ahcisata0 channel 3
[...]
ahcisata0 port 0: device present, speed: 1.5Gb/s
ahcisata0 port 1: device present, speed: 1.5Gb/s
ahcisata0 port 2: device present, speed: 1.5Gb/s
ahcisata0 port 3: device present, speed: 3.0Gb/s
[...]

Hi,

the BIOS settings seem to be a bit illogical but I managed
to get it look like this:

piixide1 at pci0 dev 31 function 2
piixide1: Intel 82801GB/GR Serial ATA/Raid Controller (ICH7) (rev. 0x01)
piixide1: bus-master DMA support present
piixide1: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
piixide1: using ioapic0 pin 19 for native-PCI interrupt
atabus1 at piixide1 channel 0
piixide1: secondary channel configured to native-PCI mode
atabus2 at piixide1 channel 1

"native-PCI mode" at least sounds a bit better than the "compatibility
mode". And the disks seem to be faster, slightly under 90 MBps writes
through the file system. And I have not seen lost interrupts (knock knock
on the wood).

Unfortunately there is nothing mentioned about AHCI in the Intel BIOS.
I don't know if there is a way to modify something that is not
visible in the BIOS menus, or force on the ahcisata in the kernel
configuration?

BR,
Teemu