Regarding ecvt() & fcvt() implementation

Hi,
I am the netbsd user from last one year.
I have one doubt which I would like to ask here.
When I checked the netbsd source, I found cvt() function is available but
ecvt() & fcvt()
is not implemented. So how can I implemented ecvt() & fcvt() functions using
cvt().
Is it possible to implement these using cvt() ?
I found in openbsd they have implemented ecvt & fcvt functions using cvt.
Can anybody already tried to implemented it in netbsd.
Please let me know.

Waiting for reply,

Thank You,
Amol Pise