Audio in Gnome

I recently installed the meta-pkg for Gnome and was pretty happy that it
appeared to work.  Well everything at least except the audio.  I'm running
5.0 Stable in a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard with an Athlon processor.  I have
a separate sound card that shows up under the "scanpci" as device 0x0002
Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10K1.
In the dmesg output it shows:

emuxki0: at pci0 dev 7 function 0: vendor 0x1102 product 0x0002 (audio,
multimedia, revision 0x07)
emuxki0: interrupting at ioapci0 pin 19
emuxki0: ac97: SigmaTel STAC9721/23 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, SigmaTel
3D
emuxki0: ac97: ext id 200<AMAP>
audio0 at emuxki0: full duplex, mmap, independent

Unfortunately, even though PulseAudio is installed Gnome won't recognize the
card and allow me to set sound configuration.  Any ideas out there?

Art Barlow