Re: [newbie] replacing applications in the Base set?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:20:23PM +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:

> >     Also, check your PATH.  It should contain /usr/pkg/{,s}bin
> >     before /usr/{,s}bin.
>
> That is what I've done for now as a quick fix but I'm still
> wondering whether there is a more elegant way to update the
> applications.

I guess there is a way to fetch the file-list from the build process and
pipe its content into `xargs rm' or `xargs chmod 0'.  But that juice is
just not worth the squeeze.  As soon as you upgrade the box, you'll
forget about it and the files will reappear.

One day NetBSD will probably have syspkgs.  Then you'll be able to do
something like `pkg_delete openssh' and remove the old stuff.

   Petar Bogdanovic