Re: Flash, but no thunder.

Adam Hoka writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > Make sure you have these:
 >
 > libflashsupport-pulse-20081219 PulseAudio support for Adobe Flash
 > adobe-flash-plugin-10.0.0.525 Adobe Flash Player Browser plugin

I already got firefox3 running with "flash and thunder", but I thought
it would be worthwhile to upgrade, so I build libflashsupport-pulse and
adobe-flash-plugin from source.

However, when I try to install them I get the following errors:

root%asus.immnet.dk@localhost:/usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/libflashsupport-pulse #
make install
=> Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found digest-20080510
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in libflashsupport-pulse-20081219
===> Installing for libflashsupport-pulse-20081219
ERROR: libflashsupport-pulse-20081219 conflicts with installed package(s):
ERROR:     libflashsupport-1.0.2098nb1
ERROR: They install the same files into the same place.
ERROR: Please remove conflicts first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/libflashsupport-pulse
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/libflashsupport-pulse
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/libflashsupport-pulse

root%asus.immnet.dk@localhost:/usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/libflashsupport-pulse #

and

root%asus.immnet.dk@localhost:/usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin # make
update
===> Resuming update for adobe-flash-plugin-10.0.0.525
=> Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found digest-20080510
===> Installing for adobe-flash-plugin-10.0.0.525
ERROR: adobe-flash-plugin-10.0.0.525 conflicts with installed package(s):
ERROR:     ns-flash-9.0.159
ERROR: They install the same files into the same place.
ERROR: Please remove conflicts first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin

root%asus.immnet.dk@localhost:/usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin #

What is the correct way the continue?

Just to 'pkg_delete <package>' and 'make install' or
is it possible to make some other form of update process, so one can
roll back in case the newer versions don't work as expected?

Another questions regarding flashplayer plugins. I have got an older
version of libflashplayer to (sort of) work with the Opera browser
(my preferred browser) via the nspluginwrapper. But the sound and
video are playing too quickly as if the sampling rates are set too
high. Is it possible to adjust these rates?

And finally I have been unable to setup newer libflashplayers with the
nspluginwrappers. I get the error:

imm%asus.immnet.dk@localhost:/home/imm => nspluginwrapper -i
/usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/new.libflashplayer.so
nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for
/usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/new.libflashplayer.so
imm%asus.immnet.dk@localhost:/home/imm =>

Shouldn't it be possible to install any Linux binary plugin via the
nspluginwrapper?

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael Martinsen
--
Email at home: i.m.martinsen(at)gmail.com
Email at work: imm(at)dk.ibm.com