Re: Building sets with debugging info

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:16:41 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Aug 4, 2009, at 6:30 AM, raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost wrote:
>
> > Hi, I've got Xorg crashing and dumping core on NetBSD-5 sparc64.
> > How can
> > I build X11 sets with debugging info?
>
> You can always attach a debugger to the Xserver ( via ssh or
> something ), then make it crash and at least see in which function
> it happens.
>
> Otherwise,
> COPTS="-pipe -g"
> export COPTS
> is what I used.
>
> Otherwise, what crashes where, when, how and on what hardware?
> Anything interesting in the log?

I need to see exactly on what line it crashes. I'll try passing -g via
COPTS, I thought I needed more than that, i.e. setting a variable
INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED or something like that.

There is a bug in Xorg, when I "ssh -X" from sparc64 to i386 machine
and then start X11 client on i386, Xorg dumps core on sparc64.