Re: emulating Windows

Larson, Timothy E. <TELarson%west.com@localhost> wrote:

> So what do you use when you need to run Windows?  Any advice or
> recommendations?

On NetBSD?  You're possibly stuck with trying Wine, or dual booting.

I've always preferred to scrounge access to a Windows machine, or use
Virtual Box (Linux, OS X), Parallels (OS X), or VMware (OS X).
(Disclosure: I've not run Virtual Box on Linux, or VMware on OS X.)

Beter suggestions welcome of course: it's a PITA to have to find a
Windows machine (sometimes with a RS-232 port, yet) to update some
consumer device's firmware.  *sigh*

Cheers,

Giles