Re: C/C++ development

From: Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>

We are currently moving from Perl to Python at work because Perl
code is frequently "write-only": it is hard to understand for
anybody except the developer who wrote it. And even the developer
who wrote it frequently cannot understand his or her code after
a few weeks.

We've found that a firm shift towards using Moose can make an amazing difference to perl maintainability. I really wouldn't want to write anything larger than a 100 line script without using Moose, and even then its probably worth it.