Re: cgd newfs problem

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Nino on NetBSD 4.0 wrote:

In my last try I tried to follow the instructions by Hubert Feyrer:

http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html/nb_20060823_2311.html

and that is the part where I get a failure message:

# cgdconfig -V re-enter cgd0 /dev/vnd0a $base.cgd
    /dev/vnd0a's passphrase:
    re-enter device's passphrase:
# newfs /dev/cgd0a

The cgdconfig command executes just fine and asks me for my passphrase. But then, when I try to execute newfs, I just get a message "device busy".

I think I did roughly what you try to do, and it works for me. I followed the steps in the Guide, with appropriate modifications.

( http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-cgd.html )

No disklabel written on the cgd device (so '-V re-enter' was necessary) -- I believe this is what you did too? newfs and mount cgd1a just worked.

MAgnus