Re: Cellphone connection - faster? Or other?

Hi, Nino--

On Jun 16, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Nino on NetBSD 4.0 wrote:
However, when the phones connect, there are
actually TWO serial connections - one
over ttyU0 and one over ttyU1. I now thought
the situation can be improved if BOTH
connections were somehow bundled and used as
one connection, thus giving the double
bandwidth.

I would be very grateful if you could point
me into the right direction. I see three
possibilities:

1. somehow bundle TWO ttys instead of one
into a network interface with slattach; I
saw nothing of that in the man page though;

I've not heard of SLIP supporting multiple connections, but there's a standard extension to PPP called "multilink PPP" which is useful for this case. (It googles well.)

Regards,
--
-Chuck