Re: NetBSD 4.99.73 HAAD-DM Branch : Request for Source code and ISO image

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 02:50:01PM +0530, Sankalp Bagaria wrote:
> We, at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Mumbai are making an
> entry - level iSCSI SAN on NetBSD. We planned our iSCSI target to be used
> over LVM + RAID 5 on NetBSD 4.99.73. But we now find that the HAAD - DM
> branch has been discontinued after the release of NetBSD 5.0.

It has not been discontinued. The code from the branch has been merged
into NetBSD-current:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2008/12/19/msg214238.html

The LVM functionality will therefore be part of the next NetBSD release.

> We require both the ISO image and source code of the HAAD-DM branch
> of NetBSD 4.99.73.

I don't think anybody still has ISO images from back then. You could
however use a NetBSD-current ISO image like this one:

ftp://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200906040002Z/iso/i386cd.iso

The source code is available via CVS. You can find documentation on
using CVS to obtain NetBSD sources here:

http://www.uk.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-fetch.html#chap-fetch-cvs

You can use "-rhaad-dm" as argument to "cvs checkout" or "cvs update"
to get those old sources. NetBSD-current will however be the better
option as several bugs in LVM have been fixed since the merge.

        Kind regards