packages CD list

Dear all,

I decided to create a "packages CD". - I do not have
internet at home, and while I do have the option to go
somewhere and just download and install everything I
need, I decided to manually walk through the pkgsrc and
make a list of all packages needed for a reasonable
desktop and publish this list here. While quite some work
went into this, it is not perfectly checked from
everywhere (although I DID install almost everything to
see whether it can be started). The background of this
is that I missed a bit the "packages CDs" that apparently
existed in earlier versions of NetBSD. Sure, such a CD
bears the danger to lack updates, but if your NetBSD
computer doesn't see the internet very much, this should
be a minor concern.

A problem I encountered while making the CD: NetBSD
refuses to pkg_add the packages from a CD that I made â
thus, I provide you with no .iso. A USB-Stick with FAT32,
however, was accepted. I do not know the reason for this.
The CD was created on Ubuntu 8.04, and Linux CAN open
each package on it, the checksum etc. seemed OK on Linux
(CD made with brasero). If you experience this bug, too,
then I guess itâs time for a bug report. If not â I guess
noone would mind if you make a little bittorrent and
physical copies for your friends... (be aware, however,
that libdvdcss is on my list)

This list represents, naturally, a purely subjective
view. If you feel the wish to remove something or choose
something different, from my point of view you are
entirely welcome â especially if you suggest your very
own not too large list of packages.

- Highlights: Openoffice 3, Firefox 2 & 3 (Firefox is,
ridiculously enough, a dependency of Openoffice), Gv &
Evince (PDF-viewers, Evince is quite large but can copy
text), Gimp & Xpaint, VLC, Pidgin, Sylpheed &
Thunderbird, Gqview, Dosbox, Leafpad, Cups, Xsane,
Ucview, Transmission, Windowmaker, Clamav, File-roller,
Samba (but I never used Samba in my life, so I am not
sure whether "everything necessary" is there), Apache,
and lots of command-line utilities.

- I did NOT include flash support. The reason is that
gnash & friends is over 50 MB, and will see rare use if
the machine is not on the internet. Let's not even talk
how much space it will take if I decide to include Suse
into NetBSD and use its flash.

- Some packages are incompatible with eachother. Id est,
you cannot simply install "everything". However, most
stuff installed takes up around two and a half Gigabyte,
I guess that should not pose a big problem for anyone.

- brasero does not work. Neither does nautilus. Both
complain about some dbus missing or so. Maybe they can be
made to work? Any help would be strongly appreciated.

- ysm crashes root's twm terminal. Yes, I know ysm shall
not be run as root.

- ytalk with no running talkd produces segfault & core
dump.

- ucview does not work with my camera (a Labtec model),
though it does in Ubuntu; do not hope too much on it.
(Spcaview would be perfect for me, but no precompiled
package exists)

- gnupg2 somehow seemed not to work. In any case, I could
not anyhow invoke it, and it did nothing. gpgme - using
the old gnupg - apparently worked.

- ghostscript-esp somehow conflicted with something. I
guess I could remove it from the list, but I left it in,
in case anyone prefers it to whatever it conflicts with.

- links-gui - this works, but what the difference between
it and normal links is, I cannot say. It just seemed to
have more dependencies.

- wmdrawer - no clue what this is or what it does. It is
undocumented.

- w3m-img - working, but I see no images. I tried with
hot-babe's .png-s.

- crack does not react. john works.

- make install for libdvdcss did not work. Neither did it
with gmake install.

- Funny: units seems to have fixed the exchange rate EUR
to USD at 0.9142/1.0938525.

- openoffice3 - I have hunspell, but somehow the
spellchecker seems not to work.

- leafpad is large. Nicer would be xedit, included by
default. However, this seems to be traditionally bugged,
it can't save a file. It CAN do so on Ubuntu and FreeBSD.
Iâll make a bug report for this. But be sincere; all of
you guys at least know how to use vi.

THE LIST:

GConf-2.26.0nb1.tgz
MesaLib-7.0.4.1nb4.tgz
ORBit2-2.14.17.tgz
SDL-1.2.13nb4.tgz
SDL_net-1.2.7.tgz
SDL_sound-1.0.3nb1.tgz
Transmission-1.51.tgz
Xaw3d-1.5Enb4.tgz
Xfixes-2.0.1nb4.tgz
Xft2-2.1.7nb3.tgz
Xrandr-1.0.2nb3.tgz
Xrender-0.9.0nb2.tgz
Yap-5.0.0nb1.tgz
a2ps-4.14.tgz
aalib-1.4.0.5nb2.tgz
abook-0.5.5nb1.tgz
adobe-cidfonts-20000901.tgz
adobe-cmaps-20060615.tgz
adobeps-win-1.0.6nb2.tgz
apache-2.2.11nb2.tgz
apr-1.3.3.tgz
apr-util-1.3.4nb1.tgz
arts-1.5.10.tgz
asclock-1.0nb1.tgz
atk-1.26.0.tgz
autoconf-2.63.tgz
autoconf213-2.13nb1.tgz
automake-1.10.1.tgz
avahi-0.6.24nb1.tgz
babl-0.0.22.tgz
bash-4.0.10.tgz
bison-2.4.1nb1.tgz
boehm-gc-7.1nb1.tgz
brasero-2.26.0nb1.tgz
bvi-1.3.2nb1.tgz
bwbasic-2.20pl2.tgz
cabextract-1.2.tgz
cairo-1.8.6.tgz
cdrdao-1.2.2.tgz
cdrtools-2.01.01alpha58.2nb1.tgz
clamav-0.95.1nb1.tgz
cmatrix-1.2a.tgz
compface-1.5.2nb1.tgz
crack-5.0nb2.tgz
ctorrent-1.3.4nb2.tgz
cups-1.3.9nb2.tgz
curl-7.19.4.tgz
damageproto-1.1.0.tgz
db4-4.7.25.3.tgz
dbus-1.2.4.2nb2.tgz
dbus-glib-0.80.tgz
dejavu-ttf-2.28.tgz
desktop-file-utils-0.15.tgz
dict-client-1.9.15nb2.tgz
dict-data-1.8.0nb1.tgz
dict-server-1.9.15nb1.tgz
dillo-2.0.tgz
docbook-xml-4.4nb4.tgz
docbook-xsl-1.74.0nb1.tgz
docker-1.5nb1.tgz
dosbox-0.72nb3.tgz
elizatalk-0.4nb1.tgz
enchant-1.4.2nb1.tgz
enscript-1.6.4nb1.tgz
esound-0.2.41.tgz
evince-2.26.0.tgz
exempi-2.0.0.tgz
expat-2.0.1.tgz
f2c-20001205nb11.tgz
faac-1.25.tgz
fam-2.7.0nb9.tgz
fetchmail-6.3.8nb3.tgz
fetchmailconf-6.3.8nb1.tgz
ffmpeg-20080727nb7.tgz
fftw-3.2.1.tgz
file-roller-2.26.0.tgz
firefox-2.0.0.19nb1.tgz
firefox3-3.0.10.tgz
fixesproto-4.0.tgz
flac-1.2.1.tgz
flex-2.5.35.tgz
fltk-1.1.9nb1.tgz
fltk2-2.0pre6129nb1.tgz
fontconfig-2.6.0.tgz
foomatic-filters-3.0.2nb5.tgz
foomatic-filters-cups-3.0.2nb1.tgz
foomatic-ppds-20070207.tgz
foomatic-ppds-cups-20070207.tgz
fortran-utils-1.1.tgz
fox-1.6.33.tgz
free-1.0.tgz
freetype2-2.3.8.tgz
fribidi-0.10.9.tgz
g95-0.91nb2.tgz
gawk-3.1.6.tgz
gdbm-1.8.3nb1.tgz
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0nb9.tgz
gegl-0.0.22nb2.tgz
getopt-1.1.4.tgz
gettext-m4-0.14.6.tgz
ghostscript-8.64nb3.tgz
ghostscript-cidfonts-20000901nb2.tgz
ghostscript-cmaps-20020913nb2.tgz
ghostscript-esp-8.15.1nb9.tgz
ghostscript-fonts-8.11nb2.tgz
gimp-2.6.6.tgz
gimp-print-cups-4.2.7nb5.tgz
gimp-print-lib-4.2.7nb2.tgz
gkermit-1.00nb1.tgz
glib-1.2.10nb10.tgz
glib2-2.20.0nb1.tgz
glitz-0.5.6nb2.tgz
glu-7.0.4.1.tgz
gmake-3.81.tgz
gmp-4.2.4nb1.tgz
gnome-desktop-2.26.0.tgz
gnome-dirs-1.6.tgz
gnome-doc-utils-0.16.0.tgz
gnome-icon-theme-2.26.0.tgz
gnome-keyring-2.26.0nb1.tgz
gnome-vfs-2.24.1.tgz
gnome2-dirs-1.6.tgz
gnupg-1.4.9.tgz
gnupg2-2.0.9.tgz
gnutls-2.6.4.tgz
gperf-3.0.4.tgz
gpgme-1.1.4nb2.tgz
gqview-2.0.4.tgz
gst-plugins0.10-base-0.10.22nb1.tgz
gstreamer0.10-0.10.22.tgz
gtar-base-1.20.tgz
gtk+1.2.10nb9.tgz
gtk-doc-1.11nb1.tgz
gtk2+2.16.0nb3.tgz
gtklp-1.2.3nb1.tgz
gtkspell-2.0.15.tgz
gutenprint-lib-5.2.3.tgz
gv-3.6.3nb1.tgz
hal-0.5.11nb23.tgz
hal-info-20090309.tgz
hicolor-icon-theme-0.10nb1.tgz
hot-babe-0.2.2.tgz
hpijs-2.1.4.tgz
hunspell-1.2.8.tgz
hunspell-bg_BG-20040405.tgz
hunspell-de-20090107.tgz
hunspell-en_GB-20061130.tgz
hunspell-en_US-20060207.tgz
hunspell-es_ES-20050510.tgz
hunspell-fr_FR-2.3.2.tgz
icon-naming-utils-0.8.90.tgz
icu-4.0.1.tgz
if-psprint-1.10.tgz
ilmbase-1.0.1.tgz
imlib2-1.4.2nb1.tgz
inputproto-1.5.0.tgz
intltool-0.40.6.tgz
ispell-base-3.3.02.tgz
ispell-british-3.3.02.tgz
ispell-catalan-1.0nb1.tgz
ispell-francais-1.4.tgz
ispell-german-20081106.tgz
ispell-russian-0.99g4.tgz
ispell-spanish-1.7.tgz
jasper-1.900.1nb2.tgz
john-1.7.2.tgz
jpeg-6bnb4.tgz
jwm-2.0.1.tgz
kermit-8.0.211nb3.tgz
lame-3.98.2.tgz
lcms-1.18nb2.tgz
leafpad-0.8.4nb4.tgz
libIDL-0.8.13.tgz
libXScrnSaver-1.1.3.tgz
libXdamage-1.1.1nb1.tgz
libXv-1.0.4.tgz
liba52-0.7.4nb3.tgz
libao-0.8.8.tgz
libao-oss-0.8.8.tgz
libart-2.3.20.tgz
libaudiofile-0.2.6nb2.tgz
libbonobo-2.24.1.tgz
libbonoboui-2.24.1.tgz
libcddb-1.3.0.tgz
libcdio-0.81nb1.tgz
libcfg+0.6.2nb3.tgz
libcroco-0.6.2.tgz
libdaemon-0.12.tgz
libdvbpsi-0.1.6.tgz
libdvdcss-1.2.10.tar.gz
libdvdnav-4.1.3.tgz
libdvdplay-1.0.1nb3.tgz
libdvdread-4.1.3.tgz
libebml-0.7.8.tgz
libexif-0.6.17nb1.tgz
libffi-3.0.8.tgz
libgcrypt-1.4.4.tgz
libglade-2.6.4.tgz
libgnome-2.26.0.tgz
libgnomecanvas-2.26.0.tgz
libgnomeui-2.24.1.tgz
libgpg-error-1.6.tgz
libgsf-1.14.11.tgz
libgtkhtml-2.6.3nb11.tgz
libid3tag-0.15.1bnb2.tgz
libidn-1.13.tgz
libksba-1.0.2.tgz
liblive-20080725.tgz
libltdl-1.5.26.tgz
libmad-0.15.1bnb1.tgz
libmatroska-0.8.1.tgz
libmikmod-3.1.11.1nb3.tgz
libmpcdec-1.2.6.tgz
libmpeg2-0.5.1.tgz
libnotify-0.4.5.tgz
libogg-1.1.3.tgz
liboil-0.3.16.tgz
libpaper-1.1.23.tgz
libproplist-0.10.1nb1.tgz
libpurple-2.5.5.tgz
librfuncs-1.0.7nb1.tgz
librsvg-2.26.0.tgz
libsamplerate-0.1.7.tgz
libslang-1.4.9nb7.tgz
libsndfile-1.0.19.tgz
libspectre-0.2.2.tgz
libtasn1-1.8.tgz
libtheora-1.0nb1.tgz
libtool-base-1.5.26nb1.tgz
libungif-4.1.4nb1.tgz
libunique-1.0.6.tgz
libusb-0.1.12nb2.tgz
libvolume_id-0.81.1.tgz
libvorbis-1.2.0nb1.tgz
libwmf-0.2.8.4nb4.tgz
libxml2-2.7.3.tgz
libxslt-1.1.24nb1.tgz
links-2.2nb1.tgz
links-gui-2.2nb1.tgz
lrzsz-0.12.20.tgz
lynx-2.8.6.5nb2.tgz
lzo-2.03.tgz
m4-1.4.12.tgz
mDNSResponder-108nb1.tgz
mc-4.6.1nb4.tgz
mgetty-1.1.31nb6.tgz
minicom-2.1nb3.tgz
mng-1.0.10.tgz
modemd-19970221nb1.tgz
mpage-2.5.5nb2.tgz
mpg123-0.59.18nb9.tgz
mutt-1.4.2.3nb2.tgz
mutt-1.5.19nb2.tgz
naim-0.11.8.3.1.tgz
nano-2.0.8.tgz
nas-1.9.1nb1.tgz
nasm-2.05.01.tgz
nautilus-2.26.0.tgz
ncurses-5.7nb1.tgz
neon-0.26.3nb2.tgz
netpbm-10.34nb1.tgz
o3read-0.0.4.tgz
opencdk-0.6.6.tgz
openexr-1.6.1.tgz
openoffice3-3.0.1nb2.tgz
openslp-1.2.1nb2.tgz
p5-Archive-Zip-1.26.tgz
p5-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.015.tgz
p5-Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.015nb1.tgz
p5-Storable-2.18nb1.tgz
p5-Test-Simple-0.86.tgz
p5-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.09nb1.tgz
p5-XML-Parser-2.36nb1.tgz
p5-XML-SAX-0.96nb2.tgz
p5-XML-Simple-2.18nb1.tgz
pango-1.24.0.tgz
pccts-1.33.22nb1.tgz
pciids-20090224.tgz
pcre-7.8.tgz
perl-5.10.0nb5.tgz
physfs-1.0.1.tgz
pidgin-2.5.5nb1.tgz
pinentry-0.7.2nb3.tgz
pixman-0.12.0.tgz
pkg-config-0.23.tgz
png-1.2.35.tgz
policykit-0.9nb4.tgz
poppler-0.10.6.tgz
poppler-glib-0.10.6.tgz
poppler-utils-0.10.6.tgz
popt-1.14.tgz
pppd-2.4.3nb2.tgz
psutils-1.17nb2.tgz
pulseaudio-0.9.14nb1.tgz
py25-Tk-0nb4.tgz
py25-dbus-0.83.0.tgz
py25-docutils-0.5.tgz
py25-expat-0nb4.tgz
py25-libxml2-2.7.3.tgz
py25-libxslt-1.1.24.tgz
py25-pyrex-0.9.8.5.tgz
python25-2.5.2nb5.tgz
qt3-libs-3.3.8nb8.tgz
qt3-tools-3.3.8nb3.tgz
qt4-libs-4.4.3nb3.tgz
randrproto-1.3.0.tgz
rarian-0.8.1.tgz
readline-6.0.tgz
renderproto-0.9.3nb1.tgz
samba-3.0.34.tgz
same-1.8.tgz
sane-backends-1.0.19.tgz
sane-frontends-1.0.14nb5.tgz
sc-6.21nb2.tgz
scrnsaverproto-1.1.0.tgz
shared-mime-info-0.60.tgz
smpeg-0.4.4nb14.tgz
speex-1.2rc1.tgz
sqlite3-3.6.11.tgz
startup-notification-0.9.tgz
sudo-1.7.0.tgz
sylpheed-2.6.0.tgz
taglib-1.5.tgz
tcl-8.4.18.tgz
texi2html-1.82.tgz
texi2roff-2.0.tgz
thunderbird-2.0.0.21.tgz
tiff-3.8.2nb4.tgz
tk-8.4.18nb1.tgz
ttmkfdir2-20021109nb3.tgz
ucview-0.22.tgz
unalz-0.61.tgz
unarj-2.65nb1.tgz
unicap-0.9.3.tgz
units-1.86.tgz
unix2dos-1.3.tgz
unlzx-1.1.tgz
unrar-3.8.3.tgz
unshield-0.5.1.tgz
unzip-5.52nb4.tgz
unzoo-4.4.tgz
usbids-20081118.tgz
videoproto-2.2.2.tgz
vlc-0.9.8anb4.tgz
w3m-img-0.5.2nb2.tgz
wget-1.11.4.tgz
windowmaker-0.92.0nb7.tgz
windowmaker-desktop-1.2nb3.tgz
wipe-2.2.0.tgz
wmMoonClock-1.27nb1.tgz
wmakerconf-2.11nb8.tgz
wmcpuload-1.0.1nb1.tgz
wmdrawer-0.10.5nb3.tgz
wmextra-0.1nb3.tgz
wmmail-0.64nb3.tgz
wmmemmon-1.0.1nb1.tgz
wmmixer-1.0nb1.tgz
wmnet-1.06nb5.tgz
wmthemes-0.80.0nb2.tgz
wmtime-1.0b2nb1.tgz
wmweather-2.4.2nb8.tgz
wterm-6.2.9nb8.tgz
x11-links-0.43.tgz
x264-devel-20081217nb1.tgz
xclip-0.11.tgz
xcursor-1.1.2nb2.tgz
xdg-dirs-1.4.tgz
xextproto-7.0.5.tgz
xfe-1.04.tgz
xmlcatmgr-2.2nb1.tgz
xpaint-2.7.8.1nb2.tgz
xpkgwedge-1.16.tgz
xpm-3.4knb7.tgz
xpp-1.5nb1.tgz
xproto-7.0.15.tgz
xsane-0.99.4nb7.tgz
xvidcore-1.2.1nb1.tgz
ysm-2.8.1nb1.tgz
ytalk-3.3.0.tgz
zip-2.32.tgz

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
fÃr nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*