libftdi work with libusb

Hello!

There is some library - libftdi to make FTDI chips accessible through bitbang
protocol.

I've tried to port libftdi to NetBSD pkgsrc tree. I've managed to build it
without any warning, but it doesn't see any USB FTDI devices connected and I
think it happens because uftdi driver is loaded into kernel.

Do I properly understand that ftdi library tries to access usb through libusb,
and kernel behaviour supress this?

If so - is there a way to turn it off without rebuilding kernel?

--
Sincerelly yours