MP support and VESA framebuffer console

I am using NetBSD 4.0 with a custom kernel.  I have splash screen
support and I now want to have MP support.  But when I compile the new
kernel with splash screen and MP support I get:

../../../../arch/i386/i386/kvm86.c:140:2: error: #error this needs a
rewrite for MP
mkdep: compile failed.
*** Error code 1

The following lines are uncommented in my kernel file for splash screen
support:

# VESA framebuffer console
options         KVM86                   # required for vesabios
vesabios*       at vesabiosbus?
vesafb*         at vesabios?
options         VESAFB_WIDTH=640
options         VESAFB_HEIGHT=480
options         VESAFB_DEPTH=8
options         VESAFB_PM               # power management support
wsdisplay*      at vesafb? console ?

Is there anyway I can have splash screen AND MP support?  Both of these
are an absolute necessity.  Thanks!

Jeremy