Re: HowTo: Kernel Compilation Problem

On 25 Feb 2009 at 8:31, *Uttam* *Kumawat* wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I had followed these steps. In fact I had also used adjustkernel script with
> the
> following syntex:
> adjustkernel GENERIC > mykernel
> Even then I was getting errors.
> Then I decided to move on to build.sh script. But It is also giving the
> errors mentioned.
> above. How to solve? I could not get any solution. Still trying ......

"adjustkernel" hasn't ever worked well for me and in any case I
first just copy GENERIC to MYGENERIC and check that compiles ok,
which it almost always has.

I usually use  "./build.sh tools kernel=MYGENERIC" which takes
a lot longer but covers for when I've updated between times.

The output from "adjustkernel" can still be useful as base
for a custom kernel but knowing you need to add back lines
from original based on the compile errors.

David