Re: HUAWEI E870?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:25:42AM +0100, David Wetzel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> my 4.0.1 GENERIC kernel does not seem to get the serial interfaces of
> the 3G card.
> Is anybody using it? Maybe on a NetBSD 5 beta?
>
> Any howtows on how I can dial into 3G internet with it?
> umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 2
> umass0: HUAWEI Technologies HUAWEI Mobile, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus1 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
> cd1 at scsibus1 target 0 lun 0: <HUAWEI, Mass Storage, 2.31> cdrom
> removable

Don't know about the 3G stuff, but a Nokia phone with GPRS that my boss
uses asks - on connecting the laptop - whether I want the computer to
connect to it as a storage device. You have to *deny* this to get a
connection as a ucom* - you then can use it as a normal modem.

If I accept instead, I get a umass and can access the storage card.

Both methods work with NetBSD (at least) 2.99 or later.

Does this ring a bell?

        -is