Re: Upgrading from source

> What I tried to do was create the "/usr/src" directory and then
> checkout the current version with CVS, by doing the "cvs
> checkout -A -P src" command.

Checkout usually creates the "src" directory, so making it first
should not be needed.  But I guess you don't have /usr/src/src
now? :)

> This definitely updates the source, but when I try to install
> the userland section, it throws and error with a mention to a
> "-pthread" operation.  I used "./build.sh -u -U distribution."
> What am I doing wrong?

Is it the cross-compiler or the host compiler which throws this
error?  Or is there some other tool which spews the error
message?  As far as I remember, both the 4.0 and 5.0-era
compilers should know the -pthread flag.  Therefore, more
information is required, and it would probably help with a quote
from the build log instead of a paraphrasing of the error.

Regards,

- Håvard