Re: Desktop NetBSD needs your help

I'm relatively new to NetBSD, coming from Gentoo Linux. The only thing that
got me interested in NetBSD in the first place, was that Gentoo was offering
their version of it. So far I've loved every part of it and I've even
uninstalled Gentoo after many years of loyal service.

Until I had my gnome desktop up and running though (took 2 weeks to
compile), I had to resort to PC-BSD for desktop-related tasks, and even
though I admire what they tried to do, it looks nice, but it's too slow and
unstable for me. Desktop NetBSD would be a great alternative to PC-BSD for
me, saving me LOADS of time, after which I can let my masochistic streak
shine through and compile, say, amarok from source.

But seriously, I haven't had to configure XFree at all, just typed startx
and it worked. I copied and pasted most of the hal, dbus etc configuration
scripts (altering some slightly where necessary) and it's been great!