Re: mpt controller: use it to raid, or use raidframe?

On 15 Jan 2009, at 10:37, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
With a mpt SAS controller - should I use raidframe on the individual
disks (thinking of mirror + hot spares) or use the MPT bios?

If it works I would use the hardware RAID. It is faster (even for
RAID 1, at least according to my tests in the past) and your
system won't need parity rebuilds.

If this the Sun Fire X4140 I would try RAID 5 in hardware which
is very fast (on the machine at work under Linux) and offers a
lot of disk space.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/