Re: named complaining more than once an hour, spamming logs

Jonathan Schleifer(js-netbsd-users%webkeks.org@localhost) said 2008.12.05
16:50:42 +0000:
> What I don't get is: Why is it changing it's PID? It seems it restarts
> very often and always complains then. And I wonder why. This wasn't a
> few months ago. Any idea? It's listening on UDP just fine:

A process cannot change PID, so therefore you have two named processes,
competing for the same resources.
Shutdown all of your named processes and start up named again with the rc
script.

> Jonathan

        --Wouter