Re: how to use 5T RAID disk with NetBSD

Hi,

Can you explain this in details
> You can use wedges which aren't that well documented. Alternatively, you
> can always cheat and just format the raw partition (d on x86), e.g.
> /dev/rsd1d. This will bypass disklabel entirely.

How can I cheat the disklabel.

The disklabel gives wrong total sectors:

***********
quercus# disklabel sd2
# /dev/rsd2d:
type: SCSI
disk: A16U-G2421
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 255
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 65025
cylinders: 168126
total sectors: 2342498304
rpm: 5411
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0
*********

It should be 65025*168126=10932393150 (which is a correct number) instead
of 2342498304. How can I fix this ? I've tried to change the total sectors
to the correct one but disklabel gives me the error message "invalid total
sectors". Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.

Co