Re: Using NetBSD and X inside a VMWare VM

On 2008-10-20, "Charles L. Nelson" <charles%embsyspro.com@localhost> wrote:

> Has anyone been successful at being able to consistently use NetBSD and X
> inside a VMWare VM.  NetBSD runs well within the VMWare VM until I try to
> use X.  Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't.

Yes, I'm using NetBSD 4.0 running in VMware Fusion 1.1.3 [1] to write
this.  X11 is XFree86 4.5.0 with the "vmware" driver.

Greetings

Footnotes:
[1]  I've only briefly tried VMware Fusion 2.0; while it basically seems
     to work, the mouse cursor disappears all the time, which is very
     annoying.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.
<mxp%dynalabs.de@localhost>