Re: Kernel panic on amd64Netbsd 4.0

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, Christoph Egger wrote:

nfe0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: vendor 0x10de product 0x0373 (rev. 0xa3)
APCH: Picked IRQ 22 with weight 1
nfe0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 22
nfe0: Ethernet address 00:1e:8c:3e:2b:95

Hmmm.  This is a most likely candidate.  I use NFS extensively.

Would you have a chance to try a add-on ethernet adapter ?

If only I had one!  :)

On my laptop I loose packets with nfe in gigabit mode. In 100MBit mode, it works fine.
Paul: Try the 100MBit mode.

I'll give it a try one day soon. Unfortunately, my 'random' crashes never seem to be reproducible, so I'll have to run for a few days (or even weeks) in this mode with lots of build.sh activity, to have a reasonable confidence level that it helps.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |