Updating problem

I wanna update my NetBSD4.0release to stable
In the NetBSD Guide Chapter 32. Updating an existing system from
sources and Documentation Tracking NetBSD-current
They are looks have different, In Tracking NetBSD-current we should do:
Follow the instruction in the output for fixing obsolete files, for example:
 # /usr/src/usr.sbin/postinstall/postinstall -s /usr/src -d // fix
defaults mtree obsolete
but it dont have in the NetBSD Guide Book.

Is that very important? can i skip this step?
I do it like step and output is:

linyin# /usr/src/usr.sbin/postinstall/postinstall -s /usr/src -d //
fix defaults mtree obsolete
Source directory: /usr/src
Target directory: //
defaults fix:
mtree fix:
obsolete fix:
postinstall fixes passed: defaults mtree obsolete
postinstall fixes failed:

linyin
--
Regards