Re: /var/backups

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 01:13:35PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Another option (I haven't used myself) is set backup_dir=/home/backups
> (or your choice) in /etc/security.conf

Well, we usually mount the flash disk ro (being a bit paranoid about flash
endurance).

> Maybe it would use less space if you also set backup_uses_rcs=NO

I'll give this a try.  (It would be nice to have the rcs files if you
could purge the oldest versions automatically.)

> Also see security.conf manual page and the /etc/changelist file -- you can
> tune a little of what it backs up.

Yep, thanks.  I'll see what happens with backup_uses_rcs=NO first.

Thanks for the suggestions.

  -jm