Re: OpenSSL with zlib

Taylor R Campbell wrote:
OpenSSL is configured without zlib support in the base system, and
pkgsrc's OpenSSL has no option for enabling zlib support.  Since zlib
is included in the base system, is there any supported way to get an
OpenSSL with zlib short of building it by hand?  Or is there some
issue with zlib and OpenSSL for which reason their combination is
avoided?

(I am not subscribed to this list, so please cc me in replies.)

For OpenSSL in pkgsrc, if there's no issue with it, and it's a simple matter of just adding --with-zlib (or something like that) to a configure script then just send-pr(1) it and it can be added via the options.mk framework.

adrian.