Re: SATA disk/controller problems

On Jan 4,  3:30pm, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
} On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:30:09PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
} > One more check could be to try exactly the same hardware using OpenBSD,
} > for example.
} >
} > There indeed _are_ flaws in NetBSD's SATA drivers - I reported one end of
} > last year (in SiI 3112A driver), and I've got an answer "works for us" as
} > well.
}
} The SiI controllers are in a different boat than the piix. First,
} the the piix documentation are freely available, I'm not sure about the SiI.

     Documentation for the SiI controllers is freely available.  A
datasheet for controllers supported by satalink are at:
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI-DS-0102-D.pdf , and
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI-DS-0103-D.pdf .  And, datasheets
for controllers supported by siisata are at
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI-DS-0160-C.pdf ,
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI-DS-0138-D.pdf , and
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI-DS-0208-C.pdf .

}-- End of excerpt from Manuel Bouyer