Re: SATA disk/controller problems

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

>> I've just bought a computer with an ICH7 disk controller, and a 250 Gb
>> Hitachi HDP725025GLA380 SATA disk. At first glance, everything works
>> fine, but at times of great disk activity, this error pops up:

> I don't have issues with piixide SATA controllers. Things to
> check: [..] if noone of this help, try a different drive.

One more check could be to try exactly the same hardware using OpenBSD,
for example.

There indeed _are_ flaws in NetBSD's SATA drivers - I reported one end of
last year (in SiI 3112A driver), and I've got an answer "works for us" as
well.

But is it really proper way of "fixing" the bugs - just by ignoring them?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski